Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'll Be Seeing You...

   So yesterday was not the best...to say the least. But as much as I hate it, Austin and I leaving each other has almost become second-nature, and wallowing in sorrow after the fact just doesn't seem to be worth the heart ache. And after all, with us there really are no "goodbyes" only "Until next time" and "I'll be seeing you". As hard as it may be, life goes on, and with my trip quickly approaching, so must I. There is so much to do, and so little time....and with that, packing has since commenced. 
   Initially I did not believe that packing for this trip would be much different from any other international trip I've taken over the past few years...and as usual, I was terribly wrong. Since part of my trip will consist of a professional internship, part as an everyday student, and part as European explorer, trying to plan out appropriate attire is proving rather challenging. Aside from that, the all-too-common pre-travel panic set in today. Not so much worrying about the trip, just trying to tie up every loose end imaginable before I set out in two days, as well as trying to convince my family that I WILL NOT die while I'm overseas....I only wish I were joking. 
   Anyway, flying around like a crazy person today really made me miss Aust...alot. He's always so good in those situations to keep me calm and not completely lose my mind in the midst of my (ever-so-wonderful-and-incredible) family's overly dramatic ways (again, I really wish I were joking). 
    Since tomorrow is my last day at home, this may be my final post until I find myself in a new country....let's hope me and my luggage all get there in one piece, shall we? In the mean time, I'll leave you with some pics of my slow-but-sure packing progress.

I LOVE ZIPLOC BAGS!!!!....I never have really bothered with "cometic bags". These are cheaper, and I can see absolutely everything before I start digging and creating a total mess of things, which is obviously the tendency. I am always in favor of plastic-chic!


So I NEEDED them...every single one. Or at least that's what I told myself in the midst of purchasing them. Yes, yes, I know there are all extremely similar, but well what's a girl to do when she needs a specific shade? I LOVE SANDELS!
  

This is all for now. I hope to squeeze one last post in tomorrow night, but we shall see. Until next time, "I'll Be Seeing You"


Blessings, 
Amanda Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment